Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adventures in San Antonio

On our trip to San Antonio, I was on  a secret mission to find designs, colors, and architectural elements to inspire my patterns, doodling and painting.  San Antonio is a city that I would love to live in.  The place is saturated with Texas history, and the buildings and streets are so old and elegant. The hotel we stayed in was once a bank.  There were etchings, moldings and Arts and Crafts style fixtures everywhere, and in the basement was a vault!  The basement level of the hotel had an entrance to the Riverwalk which was absolutely beautiful. 
I brought my camera along and caught a few shots.

 I love the chains holding up this little bridge...








 A mosaic on a wall portraying the historical city buildings...

 I let my daughter take some pictures, too.  She loved this statue.
Then of course there was the Alamo....


 For some odd reason, I kept on finding lonely stars in the oddest places....
 I love old stone churches, this is one of the churches in downtown area...

 And old, abandoned buildings... something about the contrasting colors in this building is so attractive.
 Gridwork in the hotel entrance...
 Stone banners in hotel lobby (formerly Alamo National Bank 1929)

 A stained glass window in same hotel lobby

 Another star, in the ceiling of the hotel.  I love the designes on the left and right.
 The sky is so big here, the clouds are fascinating me lately.  Can't wait to pull out some pastels to paint them.  This is the view from our hotel window. 


Luckily, San Antonio is only 2 hours and a few minutes a way.  This weekend was mostly a work weekend and we only were able to see a small portion of what the city offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment